The Rappahannock EMS Council is proud to host Advanced Burn Life Support! This is being brough to our region courtesy of the Old Dominion Firefighters Burn Foundation, Dupont, Kevlar, and Nomex.
There is a fee to register for this course. This is to ensure attendance. YOUR REGISTRATION FEE WILL BE REFUNDED IF YOU ATTEND.
The course manual will be provided electronically via e-mail.
This ABLS program provides knowledge for immediate care of the burn patient up to the first 24-hours post injury. ABLS programs also support emergency preparedness and mass casualty incidents focusing on triage, burn survivability, prioritizing transport of the patients, and patient treatment. ABLS is available for a wide range of burn care professionals from first responders to nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and physicians with the ability to assess and stabilize patients with burn injuries during the first critical hours. The ABLS course requires a written test and hands on didactics, similar to the more well known Advanced Cardiac Life Support program. The course includes:
- Evaluate a patient with a serious burn injury
- Manage the airway and support ventilation
- Define the magnitude and severity of the injury
- Initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation
- Identify and establish priorities of treatment
- Prioritize patient transfer to burn centers
- Assessment of a simulated burn patient
- Includes a practical test
Attendees will receive 7.0 hours of continuing education credit. Doctors, nurses, first responders, nurse practitioners, physician assistants welcome.
Date(s) - 08/08/2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Rappahannock EMS Council