The AHA’s new BLS Course has been updated to include science and education from the 2020 Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. It teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare providers caring for patients both in prehospital and in-facility environments.
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The AHA Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
- Differences between Adult, Child and Infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for Adult, Child and Infant
- Rescue breathing for Adult, Child and Infant
- Relief of choking for Adult, Child and Infant
- Rescue Breathing
- Intro to CPR with an Advanced Airway
- Naloxone Use
A $25 deposit is required from REMS Providers that will be refunded upon completion of the course.
Date(s) - 10/13/2022
4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Rappahannock EMS Council
Categories No Categories
Bookings are closed for this event.