The Virginia Department of Health will be providing regional Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer courses.
The purpose of this course is to ensure that each Health Districts/ Medical Practices have staff qualified to provide respirator fit testing. In addition, the attendee will be able to train others in the proper procedures for fit-testing. This training is for qualitative testing using a hood, and not quantitative testing.
- Develop and maintain an OSHA-compliant respiratory protection program
- Use respirators to limit exposure to infectious respiratory agents
- Properly fit-test an N-95 respirator and train others on the procedures
Dr. David Wilder, Public Health Physician, Fairfax County Health Department – David.Wilder@fairfaxcounty.gov – 703-246-8478
March 31: Chesapeake
April 3: Dinwiddie
April 6: Lynchburg
April 7: Wytheville
Registration is on http://va.train.org/ (Course ID: 1046592).
Everyone who attends the Train-the-Trainer training needs to have:
- Completed the OSHA Medical Questionnaire form – access it by clicking on the link below<https://va.train.org/DesktopModules/Documents/ViewDocument.aspx?LcmsItemID=766>
- Secured the signature of a physician or other licensed healthcare professional on the Medical Recommendation form and bring it to the training – access it by clicking on the link below <https://va.train.org/DesktopModules/Documents/ViewDocument.aspx?LcmsItemID=767>
- A N95 Fit Test Kit like this one (click here). Each participant should bring their Fit Test Kit and N95 mask with them to the training.
Date(s) - 03/31/2020
Categories No Categories