Orange County Fire and EMS Department is accepting applications for Full-time Fire Fighter Emergency Medical Technician.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Responds to life safety emergencies including fire, HazMat and EMS.
- Follows lead and direction of Paramedic and participates in patient care activities.
- Examines patients, provides care and reports findings to Staff at receiving facility.
- Operates various types of emergency response vehicles.
- Inspects apparatus daily; performs maintenance on specialized apparatus and equipment for firefighting, and basic and advanced life support.
- Performs community service including but not limited to fire safety and prevention seminars.
- Attends training session for both Fire and EMS, as required.
- Maintains relationship with staff, volunteers, law enforcement, hospital staff and citizens.
- Transports patients to medical facilities.
- Performs full range of fire suppression duties; assists in performing high angle, trench, confined space and water rescues; assists in performing rescues from hazardous situations.
- Cleans and maintains station, apparatus and equipment daily.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Thorough knowledge of firefighting techniques and procedures as applied to fire suppression; thorough knowledge of emergency medical techniques and procedures; general knowledge of the street system and physical layout of the County; general knowledge of hazardous materials and accident extrication principles and techniques; thorough knowledge of both advance life support and basic life support principles and techniques; ability to learn technical firefighting principles and techniques and principles of hydraulics as applied to fire suppression; ability to work at heights and in confined spaces; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to compile written and electronic reports;possession of physical endurance and agility; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, volunteers and the general public.
Required Certifications (FF/ Medic)
Current VA EMT-I or P certification, CPR, EVOC III, Firefighter I, Firefighter II preferred Haz-Mat Awareness or Operations, Haz-Mat Operations preferred. Current PALS and ACLS certification. Possession of an appropriate driver's license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Vehicle extrication preferred.
Salary: $48,882.00 - $63,546.00 (28 day pay cycle)
Application packets may be obtained in the County Administration Office located at 112 West Main Street, Orange, VA 22960; or by calling (540) 672-3313. County applications may also be downloaded from the County website: orangecountyva.gov. The first review of applications will be August 1, 2014. The position is open until filled. EEO
Copies of all required certifications and a certified copy of the applicants driving record must be submitted with the application. Applications received without required copies will not be considered.
To apply and/or receive more detailed information, please click on: County of Orange Full Time Fire Fighter Medic