POSITION TITLE: Regional Program/Education Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $38,000 - $52,000
Open until filled. Contact Tom Joyce: email@example.com or (434) 295-6146
The Regional Program/Education Coordinator position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing non-accredited training programs and other related projects in support of council objectives for pre-hospital emergency care providers. The Program/Education Coordinator has specific responsibilities in the areas of initial training programs and continuing education for basic and advanced life support providers, consolidated testing, regional protocols and other council policies related to the Councils function.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing training programs for pre-hospital ALS and BLS providers.
- Serve as a training liaison to the hospitals and EMS agencies in the TJEMS Council area.
- Assist in determining equipment and training material needs. Reports any needs to the Executive Director.
- Provide support and assistance to Instructors and ALS Coordinators and Preceptors as requested.
- Participate as an ad-hoc member of committees as assigned – providing staff support.
- Provides technical and logistic assistance to council area agencies, instructors and coordinators.
- Maintain updated lists of EMT Instructors, CTS Evaluators and Education Coordinators; identify areas of need for additional instructors, evaluators and coordinators within the region, and seek to address identified needs.
- Coordinate periodic CTS Evaluator training programs and/or updates.
- Support and/or conduct all Regional Council Consolidated Test Sites and NREMT ALS test sites.
- Under the direction of the Regional Medical Director and Guidelines & Training Committee, facilitate development and timely revision of medical guidelines.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license
- Virginia Education Coordinator (preferred)
- Virginia certified EMT certification with a minimum of 4 years experience in the delivery of pre-hospital EMS; ALS certification preferred. National Registry preferred
- Basic computer skills to include use of Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms, and interpret agreements, policies, and regulations
- Strong organizational skills
- Maintain all personal certifications required under position qualifications
The Regional Program/Education Coordinator is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. This position is exempt and is generally limited to 40 hours per week to include a flexible schedule of working hours that will involve some evenings and weekends with travel. Some travel outside the Council region may be required.